Cardinal’s Appeal 2017
This past Sunday Fr. Walter announced to the parish the beginning of the Cardinal’s Appeal for 2017. The following Archdiocesan materials will supplement his preaching.
There are so many reasons why the Appeal is important, not only to those in need in the archdiocese, but also to us, in our parish community. Your support of the Appeal helps countless people, and sustains the fabric of our ministries throughout our parishes.
If you have not already, you will be receiving a letter from Cardinal Dolan, along with materials that illustrate the deep importance of the Cardinal’s Appeal to our community. Part of being a steward means living with trust in God’s generosity and responsibly tending that which God has entrusted to us. Cardinal Dolan is
asking you to participate by making a gift to this important annual initiative.
Your Gift to the Appeal:
- Supports offices, ministries, and programs throughout the archdiocese that nurture and encourage our journey in faith;
- Helps educate our children in our Catholic schools and religious education programs;
- Provides for retired priests and religious by giving them the retirement care they deserve after
decades of service;
- Helps to educate our future clergy and prepare them for a life of service; and
- Helps fund Catholic Charities, which provides loving care to millions of people in our archdiocese.
Our Parish relies significantly on the following services:
- Assists the parish in all phases of capital projects and construction in the areas of finance,
engineering, legal, and quality control.
- Offers real estate advice to the administration on leases, rentals, and sales.
- Monitors quality and services provided by insurance and risk management services in the areas of injury and property damage, construction and maintenance, personnel, and Safe Environment programs.
- Provides legal advice and representation on all parish related matters.
The archdiocesan goal for the 2017 Appeal is $20 million. And our individual parish goal is $232,500. Please that you prayerfully consider your gift. There are 1604 households at our parish and last year, 177 parishioners participated in the Appeal. The hope is that we not only surpass our monetary goal, but also surpass last year’s total participation. It is only with your support that this campaign can be a success. We all have in our hearts the capacity to give as Jesus asked us to do.
The Appeal pledge cards can be found by the entrance of both churches and they can either be mailed to the Appeal office or placed in the collection basket.
You can also pledge online at www.cardinalsappeal.org.
You can view a video about the Appeal from the Cardinal’s office here.
If you need time to think about your gift, you will be given an opportunity to make your pledge during Mass on Commitment Weekend right after the start of Lent. Thank you so much for your support of the Appeal and please pray for its success at our parish.